Well…this weekend….It goes without saying this was a bad weekend in Pac-12 football but one hell of an entertaining weekend for the BCS. It also gives hope to an eighth straight National Title for the SECE and that is just a sad deal over all. So let us get on to the Power Rankings.
- Stanford: The Cardinal again knocked off a Top-10 team and again they abused the other team in the trenches to do it. They also became the first team this season to hold the Ducks below 40 points and in doing so forced Oregon into their style of play and that is how the Cards win (the UW game is THE exception).
- Oregon: If I’m not mistaken that loss knocks the Ducks out of the Pac-12 title race. And if that’s true it will be the first time in the Chip Kelly era the Ducks do not win the conference title. Ouch…
- Oregon State: They boat raced Cal and should give the Ducks a challenge in the Civil War next week. It’s going to be an interesting how this shakes out as the Beavers will more than likely take a sharp climb in the Top-25 especially heading into their match against Oregon.
- UCLA: The Bruins finally beat the Trojans and in doing so put themselves in the driver’s seat to face Stanford in the Pac-12 Title Game. It would be there second title game appearance.
- Washington: This was actually really hard for me, I was pretty tempted to put the Huskies into fourth but they only beat the Buffs by 35 while UCLA beat their rival (and avenged a 50-0 beat down) by 10.
- USC: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL….who remembers me having the Trojans at number two in the Pre-Season Power Rankings? No one? Okay good.
- Arizona: They have the same record as USC and if they beat Arizona State they very well could find themselves sitting above USC in my final Pac-12 Power Rankings. What a joy that would be for me J
- Arizona State: It had been six years since the Cougs last scored in Tempe and their only score of the game shouldn’t have counted as it was in garbage time. Todd Graham has done a fantastic job of cleaning up the onfield issues for the Sun Devils and now all he needs to do is get some talent into his program to turn things completely around…that is if he stays.
- Utah: It’s a sad day for Utes fans as they are now sitting at the bottom of the Pac-12 South. What makes it even sadder is that they actually had hopes of making the Pac-12 Title Game this year.
- Colorado: They may have only scored three points against the Huskies but it was one of their better defensive efforts. Yay moral victories.
- California: Their winningest Coach EVAR is going to be going out messy becaue of how badly this season has turned out. This is a sad thing because by all accounts Tedford is a great person and you never root for a great person to be out of a job that he cares so much about.
- Washington State: Go Cougs?
Proud alum of Washington State University, crazy sports nut, and drinker of beer.