The Pac-12 Power Rankings For Week Fourteen
Rivalry weekend did not disappoint this weekend in the Pac-12 as there were upsets and exciting games for all to see! Two underdogs in the Pac-12 also had a chance at heavily influencing the final BCS standings and both of those underdogs flopped. Have you guys noticed how I like using the word and when I write? I’m guessing that this means that the intro is lame and boring so let us move on to the Pac-12 Power Rankings.
- Oregon: The Ducks raced hard against the Beavers and steamrolled them early, only allowing the Beavers to really get back in the game against their back-ups.
- Stanford: They rolled the Bruins on the ground and defensively and they are looking forward to getting a chance at facing the folks in Powder Blue and Gold again next weeks.
- Oregon State: The Beavers became the first team to reliably score against the Duck back-ups and that should make Beaver fans excited about the future as they return a lot of starters from this season.
- UCLA: The Bruins got run over by a powerful rushing attack and are going to need to figure things out on the defensive side of the ball if they want to stuff Stefan Taylor, therefore stopping the Cardinal’s offense.
- Washington: Despite the epic fourth quarter choke job the Huskies clearly showed that they more talented team out there in the Apple Cup. Unfortunately for the Dawgs (and fortunately for the Cougs) talent clearly isn’t everything >:]
- Arizona State: The Sun Devils won in a shoot-out and upset their cross-state, Top-25, rivals and now the Pac-12 is probably going to lose two of its spots in the Top-25. But Sun Devils fan’s do not care they are in control of the Territorial Cup and that is all they need.
- USC: The Trojans looked off kilter and out of it against Notre Dame, which is surprising since it is rivalry weekend. Lane Kiffin made several stupid play calls in the red zone, which undid a superb defensive effort. As a result they Trojans take a drop in the Power Rankings.
- Arizona: The Wildcats had worked themselves into the Top-25 and then choked it away by losing a game that they should have one and as a result they get to take a drop the Power Rankings.
- Utah: The Utes almost lost to Colorado for the second year in a row, they would have become the second team to do so this season. They are lucky the won and it looks like we might have a real life rivalry brewing between the two new teams to the Pac-12.
- Washington State: The Cougs mounted the largest come back in Apple Cup history and Mike Leach won his first Pac-12 game, and earned his first Apple Cup victory. So yes, Go Cougs!
- Colorado: The Buffs put up one hell of a fight against the Utes and it was impressive to see. We shall see if Embree gets another couple of years in Boulder.
- California: Their season is over.
These are the final Power Rakings until after the National Championship Game. So thank you guys for reading these rankings; so feel free to tell me how stupid I am and you what not in the comments.