1) Stanford Cardinals: The Cardinal won the conference last season, and with their star QB and MLB returning Cardinal fans have every reason to expect them to repeat.
2) Oregon Ducks: While the Ducks may have lost Chip Kelly, they are still extremely talented. It is also a good idea to point out that Mark Helfrich became the Ducks OC in 2009, and probably knows the team pretty well (although not all coordinators successfully transition to being a head coach).
3) UCLA Bruins: The Bruins are the best team in the South, and gave Stanford a run for their money in the Pac-12 Title Game in 2012. Don’t be surprised to see them in contention for the Pac-12 Crown this year.
4) Oregon State Beavers: The Beavers announced that Sean Mannion is going to be the starter going into the 2013 season. Mannion had a strong start to 2012 before he was injured; hopefully, he plays more like he did before the injury last season. Otherwise, it could end up being Cody Vaz’s turn very quickly.
5) USC Trojans: The Trojans are looking to bounce back from their disastrous 2012 season, and it doesn’t seem like that is too likely…especially when you consider the fact that Lane Kiffin refuses to name a starting Quarterback.
6) Washington Huskies: The Huskies are looking to get over the seven-win hump, and (according to their fans) become nationally relevant again…oh, and beat Oregon for the first time in nine years.
7) Arizona Wildcats: Rich Rod got the Wildcats back to a bowl game last season, but the QB who was a huge part of that graduated. Fortunately for Wildcat fans, the running back who torched the Pac-12 in 2012 is ready to do it again this season.
8) Arizona State Sun Devils: The Sun Devils and Todd Graham have been together for two years now….I guess you could say it is getting pretty serious.
9) Utah Utes: The Utes are waiting on some more Pac-12 level recruiting classes to cycle in before they are contenders for the conference. That being said, they definitely are poised to win some games this year…and get back to a bowl game.
10) Washington State Cougars: Bowl Game…is that like…the Apple Cup?
11) California Golden Bears: Most of Cal’s current students don’t know what it is like to watch a football game coached by Jeff Tedford…well they are about to find out.
12) Colorado Buffalos: Screw these guys