It was a rather empty slate for the Pac-12 conference this past weekend. There was a grand total of four games — eight teams — that happened this past weekend. There were no real upsets, but there were some surprising results that left a fan base up in arms about something that doesn’t really mean anything. Anyway’s, this weekend was rather lame and the power rankings should reflect that.
- Oregon Ducks: The Ducks and Cardinal got the entire week to prepare for their match-up on Thursday Nov. 7th.
- Stanford Cardinal: See above team.
- Arizona State Sun Devils: The Sun Devils thrashed the Cougs on Halloween night. It wasn’t even close as Todd Graham’s squad was better than Mike Leach’s squad in every facet of the game.
- UCLA Bruins: The Bruins thumped Colorado, just like every other Pac-12 team but 2011 Utah and 2012 WSU.
- Washington Huskies: Steve Sarkisian’s squad had the week off, some Husky fans wanted Sarkisian to get fired for not beating the bye.
- USC Trojans: The Trojans slammed the Beavs, and are now bowl eligible. I am now waiting for Ed Orgeron to be announced as USC’s head coach for foreverd.
- Oregon State Beavers: The Beavers have lost two straight games and they are like not as good as their 6-1 start…who am I kidding…CAN MY COUGS PLEASE BE BOWL ELIGIBLE ALREADY?
- Utah Utes: I hate this week, like seriously…Larry Scott was handing out byes like liquor stores sell out of liquor on (or around) Halloween.
- Arizona Wildcats: The Wildcats allowed Cal to hang around, and only beat them by five. That being said, they are now bowl eligible.
- Washington State Cougars: WSU laid an egg on Halloween night, and it made me sadz. The Cougs need to pick up two wins with three games remaining on the schedule.
- California Golden Bears: The Bears gave the Wildcats a run for their money, but couldn’t pull out the win. If they had these power rankings would have been very interesting…..
- Colorado Buffaloes: The Buffs got curbed stomped by UCLA, that’s not surprising. In fact, if Cal hadn’t played Arizona tough the Buffs would still be sitting at 11.
Proud alum of Washington State University, crazy sports nut, and drinker of beer.