Oregon’s loss to Stanford in week 11 killed the Duck’s national title hopes — or at least made it so mass chaos has to happen for the Ducks to be back in the hunt — but the Pac-12 still had a really good shot at having two representatives in BCS Bowls. Had a good shot at having two representatives in the BCS.
Then Stanford had to go and lose to USC in the Coliseum…because college football.
Another result of the Stanford’s loss is that Oregon is back in first place in the Pac-12 North; and (barring an upset loss between now and the end of the regular season) should end up hosting their second Pac-12 Championship Game. Personally I’m just rooting for moar chaos now that the national title is out of the picture.
Anyways, onto the power rankings:
- Oregon Ducks: After one week out of the top spot, the Ducks return. Stanford’s loss to the Trojans is the biggest factor in Oregon regaining the top spot, but the Ducks’ blow out victory over the Utes didn’t hurt them either.
- Stanford Cardinal: Stanford’s loss to USC triggered an event that I’d never, ever, thought I’d see in my life time…that event is the USC fan base rushing the field. So that’s worth the Pac-12 [probably] losing its chance to have two BCS Bowl reps…right?
- Arizona State Sun Devils: The Sun Devils raced out to an early 13-0 lead before allowing the Beavers to score. But by that time the game had already been decided. If the Sun Devils win out, they win the South.
- UCLA Bruins: MYLES JACK, MYLES JACK, MYLES JACK, MYLES JACK.
- USC Trojans: It’s hard to believe that this is the same USC squad that lost to Washington State back in Sept. but it is, and the Trojans are back in the top-25 for the first time since the loss to WSU.
- Washington Huskies: FIRE SARK, FIRE SARK, FIRE SARK
- Oregon State Beavers: At least they are already bowl eligible.
- Utah Utes: The Utes couldn’t stop the Ducks to save their life…probably doesn’t help that DAT returned for Oregon either.
- Washington State Cougars: So the Cougs went down to Tuscon and
lost in blowout fashion crushing any dreams of a bowl in 2013beat the Arizona Wildcats by a touchdown. WSU needs one more win to go be bowl eligible for the first time since 2006 — and probably go to their first bowl game since 2003. Also Mike Leach is 8-14 in two seasons at WSU, Paul Wulff was 9-40 in four.
- Arizona Wildcats: #MeganCoghlanMadeAMistakeAndIsHandlingTheInternetsResponsePoorly
- Colorado Buffaloes: Colorado and Cal settled the season long debate, who is really the worst team in the Pac-12; and the answer is…..
- California Golden Bears: The Bears only win is a somewhat close game against Portland State….ouch