So for those of you who don’t know, the Washington State Cougars are bowl eligible for the first time since 2006; and are probably heading their first bowl game since 2003. That fact makes me extremely excited (warning: that post makes no sense).
Now the question for Coug fans becomes, which bowl game that we are probably going to see the team play in. Unfortunately, that question isn’t such an easy answer because of the fact that the Pac-12 has nine bowl eligible teams, and seven guaranteed bowl spots. And that makes us nervous that WSU fans nervous that 2013 will be a repeat of 2006.
The difference between 2013 and 2006 is Bill Moos.
That 2006 squad was left out of the bowls because Jim Sterk didn’t really campaign for a bowl spot, and that the 2006 squad went 0-3 in November — including a loss to UW in the Apple Cup. Speaking of the Apple Cup….
…that’s this Friday, and we will be going all in on our coverage in preparation for it.
Now onto the power rankings.
- Stanford Cardinal: What a crazy three weeks for the Cardinal: they upset Oregon, get upset at USC, and then blow out their rival in the Big Game. Oh, and Oregon got crushed in Tuscon…because #Pac12
- Arizona State Sun Devils: The Sun Devils pulled off a huge road win in LA to clinch the Pac-12 South title. If they beat Arizona, they will become the first Pac-12 South team to host the Pac-12 title game, now that’s crazy.
- Oregon Ducks: I really hate the 2013 Oregon Ducks.
- USC Trojans: The Trojans are now 6-1 with Ed Orgeron after their 47-29 win over Colorado.
- Washington Huskies: The Huskies earned their seventh win of the season, and have a chance to earn their eighth win of the season against the Cougs in the Apple Cup.
- UCLA Bruins: The Bruins fall from fourth to sixth in the rankings has a lot more to do with the big wins of USC and Washington than it does with UCLA’s loss to Arizona State.
- Arizona Wildcats: wut
- Washington State Cougars: WSU’s victory over Utah was incredible and obviously was the primary reason they got bumped over the Utes; as for Oregon State, well….
- Oregon State Beavers: The Beavs are on a four game losing streak, and could be left out of a bowl game if their losing streak continues against the Ducks. That’s just brutal for a team that reeled off six straight wins earlier in the year.
- Utah Utes: The Utes loss in Pullman put an end to their bowl hopes…Utah fans are really hoping that the new facilities help with recruiting.
- Colorado Buffaloes: The Buffs played USC tough, but they couldn’t make enough plays to pull off the upset, and are now officially eliminated from bowl eligibility.
- California Golden Bears: The Golden Bears season is over and their fans are probably extremely happy that it is.