Hello and welcome to another Thursday Night Football matchup. After perusing the latest Wild Card coverage I’m going to try something a little different. I’m going to analyze each team’s keys to victory for the Thursday, Sunday, and Monday Night football games. Let’s start with tonight’s contest between the Packers and Vikings.
Vikings at Packers
Minnesota’s Keys to Victory:
1. Run the ball: The Packers have had a really hard time stopping the ground game and even though Adrian Peterson’s still out on child abuse charges, Matt Asiata and Jerick McKinnon should do just fine. McKinnon rushed for 138 yards, and Asiata rushed for 78 yards and three touchdowns.
2. No Turnovers: Minnesota is starting Christian Ponder tonight and they don’t have much of a passing game. They need to make smart decisions and can’t risk any interceptions that might kill momentum.
3. Prove Atlanta wasn’t a fluke: The Falcons are a good football team. The fact the Vikings beat them shows they might actually be decent this year. They need to build off that momentum tonight.
Green Bay’s Keys to Victory:
1. Don’t be one-dimensional: When you have a god of a QB like Aaron Rodgers it’s hard not to just sit there and pass the ball. Eddie Lacy has yet to crack 50 yards this season and he needs to step up big time.
2. Defense, Defense, Defense: You acquired Julius Peppers this offseason. Show the Vikings just how much better your defense is and get after that quarterback.
3. Use the Crowd: Lambeau Field offers a huge home-field advantage. Green Bay needs to show people just how good it is at home.
My Prediction: Green Bay covers the spread and wins by 14. Rodgers is too good for Minnesota to contain.
I’m 35-26 on the season. Remember to stay classy everyone!