With the Packers win over the Vikings I am 36-26 on the year. Now it’s on to the Sunday Night game between the Bengals and the Patriots.
Bengals at Patriots
Cincinnati’s Keys to Victory:
1. Create Turnovers: The Bengals were able to hold New England to six points last year and they allow a league low 11 points per game. They need to be able to force Brady into mistakes and turn those into points much like Kansas City was able to do on Monday.
2. Dalton to Green: I can’t stress this enough. This is going to be the new Culpepper to Moss combo that was developed in the early 2000’s. A.J. Green has 233 yards and one touchdown on the season. Expect him to have one more after tomorrow’s game.
3. Balanced Attack: Giovani Bernard ran for two touchdowns against the Titans two weeks ago. New England actually has a great defense this year, and the Bengals need to show that they’re a threat running the ball too.
New England’s Keys to Victory:
1. Receivers need to step up: Tom Brady can only do so much on his own. Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman must pull their weight for the Patriots to stand a chance in this one.
2. Sack Dalton: The Bengals red headed quarterback has a reputation for wilting under pressure. Their defense needs to get after him for New England to build some momentum. Cincinnati might crumble if their General makes mistakes.
3. Home Cooking: I know this is a common theme in all my articles, but the Patriots have won 10 straight games, including playoffs, at home. They can’t let this advantage go away.
My Prediction: I think the Patriots will keep it close, but ultimately the Bengals win by at least 7 and start out their season 4-0. Watch out AFC, there’s a new sheriff in town.
Other Week 5 Games:
Chargers over Jets
Cowboys over Texans
Bears over Panthers
Eagles over Rams
Niners over Chiefs
Falcons over Giants
Saints over Buccaneers
Lions over Bills
Colts over Ravens
Steelers over Jaguars
Broncos over Cardinals
Browns over Titans
The Dolphins and Raiders both have byes this week! I will post the Monday Night Stuff Tomorrow!
Stay Classy Everyone!