Without further ado here is the Sunday Night game.
Packers at Saints
(5-2, 2-2 away)
(2-4, 2-0 home)
Green Bay’s Keys to Victory:
1. Spread the Wealth: Randall Cobb has eight touchdowns on the season and Jordy Nelson already has 712 receiving yards on the year. Aaron Rodgers has successfully erased memories of Green Bay’s 1-2 start, and if he doesn’t make any mistakes that should lead to an easy Packers win. It also helps that the Saints rank 28th in passing yards allowed.
2. Quiet the Crowd: The sooner you do that the better. The Superdome gives the Saints a huge homefield advantage and here they are 2-0 on the season. They were also 8-0 here last year, and you don’t want to give Drew Brees any additional advantages in this type of venue.
3. Defend: I know this goes without saying, but the Saints at 2-4 still do have a very high powered offense and are much better than their record indicates. Jimmy Graham is also struggling so there’s no excuses for suspect pass defense.
New Orleans Keys to Victory:
1. Use your Home-Field: Consider this stadium the Century Link Field of the South. New Orleans, like Seattle, doesn’t lose here very often. The crowd can definitely become a factor and against a team like Green Bay, the Saints definitely need to use this to their advantage.
2. Run the ball: You have traditionally had a good passing offense, but until Khiry Robinson and Mark Ingram break lose, teams will always key in on your receivers. Make Green Bay pay for making that mistake and you might just come out of this with a win.
3. Colston must step up: I just dropped Marques Colston from my fantasy team because I was sick of him getting me a maximum of three to six points a game. With Jimmy Graham being nagged by a bum shoulder he will become the primary target for Drew Brees. He is due for a big game. I don’t think he has it in him, he needs to prove me wrong.
I think Aaron Rodgers will be too much for the Saints to handle. Sure it’s at home, but I don’t see him losing this one, especially seeing how he absolutely dismantled Carolina this week.