Things have gone well for me this week. The Seahawks won, I won in fantasy, the Cougs won and Huskies lost, and I only have a few losses in this week’s football predictions. Let’s go to tonight’s game.
Panthers at Eagles
(3-5-1, 1-2-1 away)
(6-2, 4-0 home)
Carolina’s Keys to Victory:
1. Get Newton going: Cam Newton is the best player on this Panther’s offense, and what’s unique about him is that he’s a dual-threat quarterback. Newton needs to have a big game for Carolina to pull off the upset.
2. Stop the run: The Panthers have allowed 134.8 rushing yards per game, and when you’re going to face LeSean McCoy that’s a bad sign. It doesn’t help that Greg Hardy is appealing a domestic violence charge, but you can’t always use that as an excuse.
3. Hope 2012 Mark Sanchez shows up: In case you were unaware Nick Foles is out for a significant period of time, which means that Mark Sanchez is your starting quarterback Eagles fans (I hear giant gulps in Philadelphia). Sanchez did ok against the Texans last week, but if he gets harassed enough he might make some mistakes. Force Sanchez to throw and make him pay.
Philadelphia’s Keys to Victory:
1. Get McCoy going: As stated earlier the Panthers have a terrible rushing defense. McCoy has 622 yards on the year, so don’t be surprised if he has a field day.
2. Find Maclin: I know a lot of people don’t have confidence in Mark Sanchez, but he does have a game-changing wide receiver in Jeremy Maclin. Maclin has 790 yards and eight touchdowns on the year. Go long!
3. Home Cooking: The Eagles have yet to lose at home this year so now’s the time for them to use that to their advantage. As long as Sanchez doesn’t dress up as Santa Claus he should be fine…
The Eagles will get an easy win against a depleted Carolina team. Don’t be surprised if this turns into a rout.
I will be posting an NBA Tuesday column tomorrow.
Stay Classy Everyone!
Sorry about the delay, I’ll make it next week. I still need to make sense of how the NBA season is unfolding.