With the Seahawks loss to the Chiefs in the books they fall to 6-4 on the season and just out of playoff contention. Let’s see how the rest of the league unfolds as well as preview tonight’s big game.
Colts at Patriots
(7-2, 2-2 away)
(6-3, 3-1 home)
New England’s Keys to Victory:
1. Gronkzilla: Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is a huge difference maker on the field. He can open up passing lanes and he has 663 receiving yards along with 8 touchdowns on the season. Get him the ball and watch him go to town.
2. Make Luck’s struggles continue: A certain Broncos quarterback had a hard time defeating the Patriots when he was in Indianapolis, and this team might be Luck’s kryptonite as well. Luck is 0-2 against the Patriots, barely completing 50 percent of his passes and throwing 7 interceptions as well. He has a strong aerial attack though, so don’t be surprised to see him go to the air often.
3. Protect the ball: The Patriots have committed a league low six turnovers this season. This game could very well be determined by who holds onto the football better, so don’t be surprised if a fluke fumble might lead to something here.
Indianapolis’s Keys to Victory:
1. Run the Ball: It is obvious that Luck is going to try and go through the air. Get Ahmad Bradshaw and Trent Richardson going, and we might just have a game.
2. Get to Tom Brady: Indianapolis has given up an average of 264 passing yards a game, but they also have 24 sacks on the year too. Hit Tom Brady and throw him off his game.
3. Use Home-Field: This could be a playoff preview. If New England wins, Indianapolis may have to go to Foxboro later in January. Use the crowd to your advantage, and make New England uncomfortable.
The Patriots have impressed me since that blowout win against Kansas City, going 5-0 with the best record in the AFC since then. Call me old-fashioned, but the Pats win, but barely.
Stay Classy Everyone, Monday Night pick up tomorrow.
Due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to post my Steelers/Titans preview. I think the Steelers will win by at least two touchdowns.