Tonight will mark a key NFC East matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants. Let’s Begin.
Cowboys at Giants
(7-3, 4-0 away)
(3-7, 2-3 home)
Dallas’s Keys to Victory:
1. Feed Demarco: Demarco Murray is one of the NFL’s leading rushers with 1,233 yards and 7 touchdowns on the season. I have to go against him in fantasy this week, but regardless the Cowboys would be foolish to let Romo try to win this by himself. Let’s just hope for my sake he doesn’t get more than one rushing score tonight…
2. Road Success: The Cowboys are undefeated on the road this season at 4-0. Anytime a team like that can get a victory at Century Link Field, you know they’re a pretty darn good football team. New York is a tough place to play, but the crowd shouldn’t be too much trouble once Eli throws a patented Pick-Six or two.
3. Get Dez Open: Dez Bryant has 793 yards and eight touchdowns on the year. He also 158 receiving yards and two touchdowns two weeks ago against the Jaguars. As long as Romo gets to him while he’s open, this should be a cakewalk. While he’s open Romo…
New York’s Keys to Victory:
1. Take care of the football: Eli Manning threw five interceptions against the 49ers last week. Yikes, that’s not going to cut it, especially against a revitalized Cowboys defense. Protect the ball and limit stupid mistakes.
2. Stop the run: The Giants own the worst rushing defense in the NFL while the Cowboys boast the second-best rushing attack. This could be trouble. Stop Murray and force Romo to throw it. Maybe the December version of the last few years will come out a little early this season.
3. When in doubt, throw to Donnell: Despite the outlier against the Redskins when tight end Larry Donnell recorded three touchdowns, he is still a reliable weapon on offense. Eli should definitely use him when he can, especially in the red zone.
My Pick: Cowboys win in a laugher. It really is no secret that the Giants are a terrible team. However I did say the same thing about the Raiders against the Chiefs, and that’s why they play the game. Until next time.
Stay Classy Everyone!