Surprisingly I won every single game I’ve predicted this week minus the Chiefs and Raiders. Now let’s move on to tonight’s matchup.
Ravens at Saints
(6-4, 2-3 away)
(4-6, 3-2 home)
Baltimore’s Keys to Victory:
1. Mr. and Mr. Smith: Torrey and Steve Smith have combined for well over 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns receiving this year. Joe Flacco needs to get the ball to these two early and often to silence the crowd in the southern version of Century Link Field.
2. Run the Ball: Justin Forsett rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns against the Titans two weeks ago. The Saints also have a very porous run defense. As long as the Ravens can run a balanced attack they should be good in this department.
3. Clamp Up: The Ravens have the 21st ranked passing defense in the NFL. Tough because Drew Brees loves to air it out. Stop Jimmy Graham and force New Orleans to run the ball. The Ravens have a better rush defense than pass.
New Orleans Keys to Victory:
1. Get Graham open: Brandin Cooks is out, which means Jimmy Graham will have to bear the burden of being the Saints top receiver. Brees needs to get him the ball and they might have a chance considering the Ravens (as stated before) rank in the bottom half of the league in pass defense.
2. Get the Crowd going: As I stated before in the Saints/Packers preview earlier this season, the Superdome is h*ll in a handbasket for opposing teams. Get the fans going, and this could be over sooner than people think.
3. Get Ingram going: Mark Ingram has over 600 yards rushing and six touchdowns on the year. People know the Saints are going to throw the ball, so they should definitely run it to mix it up. Do that, and they might just win this game.
I think the Saints will win this one. The crowd will definitely help out a lot in this one. As long as the Saints limit their mistakes this will turn into an easy win.
Stay Classy Everyone!