Welcome to an NFC West showdown between the Arizona Cardinals and the Seattle Seahawks. The winner of this matchup will likely win the NFC West and maybe get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Here are my keys to victory for each team.
Seattle Seahawks versus Arizona Cardinals
Seattle’s Keys to Victory:
1. Run Marshawn: Marshawn Lynch has over 1100 yards rushing and ten touchdowns on the season. Going to their bell cow early and often will help them overcome this tough test in the Arizona desert. The Cardinals are notorious for having a tough run defense (I know because I started Tre Mason in fantasy against them two weeks ago), but Lynch should be fine.
2. Lock Down Fitzgerald: With Drew Stanton out as well, Cardinals quarterback Ryan Lindley will be looking to Larry Fitzgerald a lot. Sherman should be fine on his own, but he may need some help with him. Also don’t underestimate Michael Floyd either as he is also a deep threat that cannot be underestimated.
3. Avril Earn your Extension: The Seahawks just signed Cliff Avril to a massive contract extension. Now is the time for him to earn every one of his 28.5 million dollars. Get to Lindley and get out in front early.
Arizona’s Keys to Victory:
1. Get to Wilson: Russell Wilson has a passer rating of over 100, but he has also taken 18 sacks as well. Arizona needs to get after him especially considering the Hawks might have their JV line out tomorrow. This is do or die for the Cards.
2. Run Williams Run: To take pressure off of Ryan Lindley the Cardinals need to rely on Kerwynn Williams to run the ball (not my first choice but better than nobody). He surprisingly had 100 yards rushing last week in a win against the Chiefs, so he’s due for another big game.
3. Home-Field Edge: The Seahawks have lost six of the last eight in Arizona. Home cooking doesn’t mean anything if your squad can’t win in a playoff type atmosphere at home. Go after it and get this win.
Not going to lie, Seahawks win. Arizona has a lot of problems especially at quarterback. Seahawks win by 10.
I will continue to post NFL game of the week, college football playoff coverage, and will once in a blue moon maybe post something about college basketball or the NBA.
Stay Classy Everyone!