MLB’s first labor stoppage since the 1994-95 strike is here and it was initiated by the owners. The lockout is a business led denial of work which makes it the owners fault by default; but we discuss the reasons that the negotiations between the league’s management and the players union have reached this point in this latest recording of the podcast.
While we didn’t discuss the fact that the lockout freezes the off season, this includes free agent signings, it’s something that should absolutely be noted here. This means that the league generated all this excitement with the rush of the signings prior to the expiration of the CBA and then left its fans with a stinging sense of disappointment and frustration.
The time stamps for our segments are as follows:
- Introduction and poison of choice (0:00 – 2:55)
- The MLB lockout and its causes (2:56 – 32:10)
- Washington State football is bringing back the Air Raid, baby! (32:11 – 51:20)
- Cougar volleyball was swept out of the round of 32 (51:21 – 64:21)
- WSU men’s and women’s basketball have one loss, each (64:22 – 77:05)
- Pete Carrol’s Seahawks complete the sweep of the 49ers (77:06 – 87:06)
- Our newest segment, the hawtest of hawt taeks (87:06 – 100:34)
You can now find us on TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Spotify, and Apple Podcast. Please take a moment to rate us five stars on Apple Podcast or leave a review on any of the other podcasting service! It helps us become more discoverable on those apps for other sports fans. Also, the new music to our intro comes from Jason Shaw; he has a bunch of free production music available here.
Fair warning: Swearing is a theme throughout this podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen.
More from Sports with Neil and friends
- The day after: Gabalis shines in Sun Bowl loss
- Podcast: Our holiday wish list, sports edition
- Pac-12 basketball: Stanford MBB’s buzzer beater causes a shakeup
- WSU women overcame a slow start to survive Boise State
- WSU men lose at the buzzer to South Dakota St.
- A look at the Storm’s 2022 schedule