This past weekend saw two very different results for the basketball programs that call Beasley Coliseum home. In the five home games, the two programs went a combined 2-3 with the men losing an extra road game this past Valentine’s Day — thanks Covid scheduling.
While none of the losses for the men program are particularly crippling, they do add some unwanted questions about their NCAA tournament resume. It’s going to be particularly tough to pick up the wins needed over the remaining stretch of their schedule and the potential quad one wins being road games — and that final home game against Oregon is looms in the future too.
As for the women, they picked up two impressive home wins along with a devastating blow out loss that have them sitting just outside the field of 68, according to the latest bracket projections. With Arizona and ASU coming to town, their final home stand is going to be yuge.
The time stamps for our segments are as follows:
- Introduction and our poisons of choice (0:00 – 3:33)
- Washington State’s eventful weekend on the basketball court (3:34 – 32:03)
- The Rams 23-20 Super Bowl win was fun to watch (32:04 – 50:15)
- MLB awaits a counter proposal from the Players Association (50:16 – 68:36)
- Spoiler alert, the Kraken still suck (68:37 – 78:51)
- A new home kit, and a new training facility for the Sounders FC (78:52 – 89:30)
- Our hawtest of hawt taeks and the conclusion (89:31 – 95: 19)
Please follow the podcast on TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Apple Podcast, Spotify, and Amazon Music. Please take a moment to rate us five stars on Apple Podcast or leave a review on any of the other podcasting service! It helps us become more discoverable on those apps for other sports fans. Also, the new music to our intro comes from Jason Shaw; he has a bunch of free production music available here.
Fair warning: Swearing is a theme throughout this podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen.
More from Sports with Neil and friends
- The Spiel: K-Lew and Trammel go deep
- Series preview: Panic! At the ballpark
- Podcast: The Uvalde shooting and Nick Saban’s NIL meltdown
- Storm hold on against LA
- MLB playoff odds: The Brewers are scary good
- Storm survive late Chicago run to snap three game skid