After a decade of our schedules not lining up, we were finally able to sit down with fellow KUGR alum and the host of the CougCenter Hour Michael Preston to discuss the Sounders FC victory in the CCL finale against Pumas. The victory was a historic moment for not just the Sounders, but US soccer in general.
The day after we talked with Michael, we sat down and discussed the Mariners slow start, where the blame really lies for it. Which unfortunately rolls into a discussion about the damn baseball and how it’s impact offensive (and pitching) performances throughout the first month of the MLB schedule…spoiler alert, it’s not pretty. We also get to discuss the first three games of the Seattle Storm’s season, and which star is missing due to Covid protocol; the Seahawks draft also gets some air time too.
Time stamps for our segments are below.
- Introduction/Poison of choice (0:00 – 3:00)
- Michael Preston talks with us about the Sounders CCL title (3:01 – 21:34)
- The Mariners’ pitching staff has been ass (21:35 – 38:03)
- MLB has messed with the damn ball again…or has it? (38:03 – 51:37)*
- Breanna Stewart is out with Covid, how has that impacted the Storm (51:38 – 65:31)
- What’s this, a Seahawks draft done with good process? (65:32 – 79:30)
- Hawt taeks/conclusion (79:31 – 88:26)
*The twitter thread I mention in this segment can be found here
Please follow the podcast on TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Apple Podcast, Spotify, Soundcloud, and Amazon Music. Please take a moment to rate us five stars on Apple Podcast or leave a review on any of the other podcasting service! It helps us become more discoverable on those apps for other sports fans. Also, the new music to our intro comes from Jason Shaw; he has a bunch of free production music available here.
Fair warning: Swearing is a theme throughout this podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen.
7.23.22 – There's Regression To The Mean, And Then There's The M's Mixdown – Sports with Neil and friends
Please supports Sports with Neil and friends by subscribing to our Patreon. By becoming a patron not only will you be earning exclusive benefits based off of your donation tier, but you’ll also be supporting independent sports writing and podcasting.Become a Patron!
More from Sports with Neil and friends
- USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12
- Report: the WNBA would like to add two expansion teams by ’24
- MLB: Three Winners & Losers of May
- Series preview: Shipwrecked sailors visit birbland
- WNBA roundup: What’s going on in NYC?
- The Spiel: K-Lew and Trammel go deep
Photo credit: Seattle Sounders FC